THE LAND ROVER MUDDY CHEF CHALLENGE
This week we are interviewing Keenan Langlois – Muddy Chef competitor, professional Chef, LR4 owner, and the man with one of the coolest campsites at last year’s Muddy Chef Challenge.
1. If Land Rover made an aircraft would you fly in it? Why/Why Not?
Yes. I would imagine if Land Rover made an aircraft it would be a helicopter, luxury on the inside with amazing maneuverability.
2. Tell us a little about your background, your career, and where you live.
I am a chef at The Sinclair Kitchen in Harvard Square, and I live in Salem, MA just outside of Boston. My family were Jeep owners since the seventies until I drove my sisters 2003 Disco a few years back. I bought my first Land Rover in 2014.
3. How many Land Rovers have you owned and which was your favorite?
I have had the good/bad fortune of owning my first TWO rovers in one year. This due to a wreck that totaled my first one in February. I soon was on the hunt for another same year and color, which I picked up four weeks ago.
4. What’s the best thing about owning a Land Rover?
This year’s snowfall in the Northeast was abominable. Loved just getting in the LR cranking it up, raise suspension and put it in drive. No shovel required! This car also saved me a lot of pain from the wreck. I walked away from a 60 mph head on collision.
5. What’s the worst thing about owning a Land Rover?
The temperamental warning lights. What’s going to light up next?
6. Been on an adventure? – tell us about it
My only great Land Rover adventure was MCC3, had a blast and looking forward to MCC4!
7. How do you plan to beat the competition this year at the Muddy Chef Challenge?
I’m not looking to win anything in the chef challenge. I just want to meet great new people and get into some serious mud.
8. If you could ask Land Rover for a particular type of vehicle what would it be?
I’ll leave the planning up to the experts. Looks like they are going in the right direction with the Evoque and the new Disco Sport!
9. What upgrades/modifications does your Land Rover have?
Since recommendations from new friends at MCC3 I had added Johnson Rods and General Grabber AT 285/65/18. Lost in the accident, but I will rebuild.
10. If you were on safari which three people would you pick to bring along?
- Bear Grylls-because who wouldn’t want a survivalist by their side?
- Gene’s Beans (Gene Schubert) – to gently guide me through the rough terrain.
- Kate Upton-because why the hell not?
Join us next Monday for the next installment of “PROFILES”